During the Association’s retreat on Sept. 11th, the Pool and Fitness Committee had its schedule of events approved by the Board. This includes start and end dates for voting, registration deadlines, and dates for election appointments.
The election is a community advisory vote on whether to spend funds for initial engineering and design for a health club and pool facility. This vote would not authorize the construction of the facility, but would be used for engineering and architectural services to help determine the feasibility of the proposed location in between the tennis club and the east of the players’ clubhouse.
The following is the approved schedule:
- October 2nd: Board approves ballot language and instruction letter. Board appoints an election inspector.
- October 3rd: Roster closes at 5:00pm for registration for voting in the election.
- October 20th: Mail ballots are sent out to voting members, voting begins.
- November 6th: Board appoints election assistants.
- November 19th: Last day to turn in ballots (5:00pm), voting ends.
- November 20th: Ballots are counted by election inspectors.
- December 8th: Deadline for mailing notice to the membership of election results.