Ballots were cast and counted on November 4th for Election Day. The results from the school board and special district races that affect Rancho Santa Fe are posted below. All the information was taken from SDVote.org.
Rancho Santa Fe School Board (TWO seats)
Incumbents Todd Frank and Marti Ritto will retain their seats on the RSF School Board. Christopher Blatt and Violetta Sansone challenged the incumbents for the two available seats.
- Todd Frank: 29.15% (686 votes)
- Marti Ritto: 26.82% (631 votes)
- Christopher Blatt: 23.08% (543 votes)
- Violetta Sansone: 20.95% (493 votes)
Santa Fe Irrigation District (ONE seat – Div. 3)
Marlene King was virtually running unopposed since John Ingalls had resigned from his position in September and urged voters to cast their ballots for King. He resigned after the deadline for candidates to drop out of a race.
- Marlene King: 62.94% (608 votes)
- John Ingalls: 37.06% (358 votes)
RSF Fire Protection District (TWO seats)
John Tanner and Tucker Stine will retain their seats on the Fire Protection District. Scott Union challenged the incumbents for one of the two seats up for election, but did not pull enough voters.
- John Tanner: 43.65% (3200 votes)
- Tucker Stine: 41.21% (3021 votes)
- Scott Union: 15.14% (1110 votes)
RSF Community Services District (THREE seats)
Three seats were available on the Community Services District board. Incumbents John Tanner and Bill Hinchy will remain on the board, and challenger Laurel Lemarie will assume her new role. Incumbent Dale Nelson did not receive enough votes to retain his position on the CSD board.
- John Tanner: 28.28% (1005 votes)
- Laurel Lemarie: 26.96% (958 votes)
- Bill Hinchy: 23.83% (847 votes)
- Dale Nelson: 20.93% (744 votes)